Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Keanu Reeves: The Diavel’s Advocate


For their November 2011 issue, GQ magazine have got Keanu Reeves to talk about motorcycles. ‘I started when I was 22. I was working in Munich and met this girl who had a bike and I asked her if I could ride it. She said ‘sure,’ then I told her I didn’t know how to ride. So she showed me where everything was, and I just started riding around the studio. I just got into it,’ says KR, who’s starred in some of our favourite movies – The Matrix series, The Devil’s Advocate and Point Break.

Keanu loves Norton bikes and owns three, but has also owned Harleys and Suzuki GSX-Rs over the last two decades. Now 47, Keanu admits that at one time, he used to race his bike at night, with the headlight switched off. ‘That was back in the day. I think we deal with our emotions differently when we are older, and I think the demon rides were a way for me to blow off steam when I was younger,’ he says. ‘Now, when I get those feelings, I think maybe I’ll just handcuff myself to the bed. Wait for the Sun to come up,’ he adds.

GQ then go on to make Keanu ride a Ducati Diavel, which he quite likes. ‘I love this bike. I mean, you walk up to it and it has such striking lines. It reminds me of old American muscle cars, with that huge rear tyre and the big gas tank. It’s not aggressive, but it’s big and bold and powerful. What I really liked was the versatility. In the country, you can have real fun cruising windy roads, but in town it’s smooth and comfortable. And then on the track, it’s just a beast,’ says Keanu.

‘To be honest, I’m not used to bikes this quick. The Diavel goes from 0-60mph in under three seconds, man! Plus, with all the technology on board, the ABS and all that I mean, I didn’t push it on the track, but it gives you lots of confidence. It’s fun. You could ride this bike every day, you could take on the track, but for me it would be perfect on smooth, twisty roads. Maybe in LA, or the South of France. That would be beautiful,’ says Keanu.
Keanu Reeves Ducati Diavel Keanu Reeves Ducati Diavel Keanu Reeves Ducati Diavel Keanu Reeves Ducati Diavel

0 comments:

Post a Comment