Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Rossi "Never Give up" No regrets over Ducati move


Former MotoGP Champion Valentino Rossi says he has no regrets over joining Ducati after a tough debut season with the Bologna outfit. The Italian could not claim a single victory in 2011, marking the first time he has failed to do so in his career.


"Sometimes I regret it but once I start to think more deeply it is something that I had to try, so for me it is not a mistake," he explained to MCN. "The fascination of this challenge is great and I still feel that way. It is better to try and have some problems than never try at all and wonder for the rest of my life, what if? I race and I make all the choices of my career like this, and I have a lot of fun because of that.
"So despite what’s happened at the end I have no regrets. The first to be let down is myself and all the people that work with me, and I know the fans are waiting and they expected much better results."
Rossi added that this season will only serve to make him a better rider in the future, with the 32-year-old's hopes high of a resurgence as 2012 approaches.
"For me a season like this helps me become stronger," he commented. "A season like this doesn’t change how I feel about my future. I want to stay some more years in MotoGP and I am convinced that I can comeback at the top and fight for the important positions.
"For sure it will be impossible to make 11 victories in one season but I can stay on the podium often. My first target is to try and comeback at the top with Ducati and we have to do this. We can’t finish this story like this and we have to bring the bike to a good level and closer to the Honda and Yamaha."

0 comments:

Post a Comment